A first of its kind in the security establishment. Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), developed an anti-drone system to guard and protect the influential and eminent personalities in the Red Fort today on the occasion of 74th Independence Day.
The Made in India, state of art security device, the Anti-Drone system can detect and jam micro drones up to a range of 3kms and use a laser to bring down an enemy target up to1- 2.5 kilometres.
It will be very effective in handling the drone-based activity that is being observed in the northern and western front. The introduction of this anti-drone technology can help the military in having an upper hand against its counterpart.
India witnessed a new kind of Independence day celebration at Red Fort today with a very small amount of crowd. Taking into consideration of the COVID pandemic a very few people were invited maintaining and social distance.
The key highlights of the PM’s speech included-
- Tribute to freedom fighters.
- vocal for local.
- Starting many new development projects throughout the country such as expanding in the field of solar energy and infrastructure development works in Andaman Island.
- Rethinking the minimal age for a girl to get married.
- Creating opportunities for the self-employment of women.
- Establishing a new Education Policy.
- Establishing a new Cybersecurity policy was among the many other things PM Modi mentioned in his Independence Day speech today.
Aatmanirbhar Bharat was his mantra. ‘Make in India’ must go hand-in-hand with ‘Make for the world’, said PM Modi.