Unlock 4.0 will come into effect from September 1st, 2020. Many activities would be re-opened again in unlock 4.0. However, the containment zones will remain shut till September 30 and strict lockdown rules would be followed.
The Ministry of Home Affairs on 29th August 2020 issued a series of new guidelines for Unlock 4.0 that will come into effect from 1st September 2020.
A number of things will re-open again but maintaining strict social distancing. However, the containment zones will continue to remain under strict lockdown rules till September 30th.
The guidelines for the unlock 4.0 has been constructed on the basis of the feedback received by the states and UTs officials, Senior central ministry, district administrators and other concerned departments.
The guidelines of Unlock 4.0 are as follows-
- School/Colleges/Coaching Classes will continue to remain closed till September 30.
- States & UTs may permit 50% teaching and non-teaching staffs to be called at the schools for online classes and Tele-counselling related works.
- Students of class 9 to 12 will be permitted to visit their respective schools and colleges with written permissions of their parents and guardians for taking guidance from their teachers.
- For PhD candidates and PG students of technical and professional programmes who require laboratory work will be permitted to join their institutions with due permission from the Department of Higher Education in consultation with MHA from 21st September.
- Skill and entrepreneurship training will be permitted at ITIs and National Skill training Institutions with effect from 21st September.
- Social/academic/sports/entertainment/cultural/religion/political functions and other congregations will be allowed from 21st September but with a capacity of only 100 people and maintaining proper health protocols.
- Open-air theatres will be permitted with effect from 21st September.
- Metro rail service will resume from 7th September in a graded manner in consultation with the Ministry of Home Affairs and to be allowed by the Ministry of Railways and Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- No restrictions on Inter -state and intra-state movement.
The MHA has also ordered the States, UTs and District administrations not to impose any force lockdown on the citizens outside the containment zones without consulting the Central Government.
Below is the original order of the guidelines of Unlock 4.0 by Ministry of Home Affairs-