The Assam University Standing Committee of Academic Council took various important decisions on final examinations (offline mode) of Terminal/End Semester Examination, practical examinations and online classes in it’s 4th meeting which was held on 21.08.2020. The committee agreed and published it’s decisions, keeping in mind the current COVID-19 pandemic and it’s impact in Assam.
Following are the important conclusion, derived from the notice dated: 25.08.2020, issued on the name of Dr. Pradosh Kiran Nath who is the existing Registrar i/c of Assam University-
1. For TDC (three-year Degree Courses)
- The Final examination (offline mode) of Terminal/ End Semester Examination of TDC ( three-year degree course) in affiliated colleges is deferred and rescheduled from 22.09.2020 i.e. 22nd September of this year.
- The conduction of offline mode examination is however subject to necessary cleaning/ sanitisation and compliance of safety norms in examination centers.
- Exam schedule will be notified 15 days prior to the examination.
2. For UG/PG/Other Courses of University
- Final examination (offline mode) of Terminal/End Semester Examination of UG/PG/Other Courses of University campus is also deferred until further notice.
- The conduct of offline examinations is also subject to cleaning and clearing of all Quarantine/COVID Care Centers in University campus by District Administration.
- However, the Academic department may conduct the said examination through online mode, if feasible with existing infrastructure following UGC guideline in this respect.
3. For TDC (CBCS)
- Students of TDC (CBCS) [three-year degree courses (choice based credit system)] intermediate (2nd and 4th) semester having practical exams are bound and required to submit Project/Assignment instead of the practical exam within 20 days of this notification i.e. 14.09.2020 .
- Colleges are expected to initiate the action of submitting the practical marks to the office of CoE accordingly.
4. B.Ed Final Semester Examination is to be held in the later part of september 2020.
5. LLB (offline) examination will commence from 22nd September 2020.
6. For University employees
- All out-station employees are to report by 10th September 2020 to the station and are required to submit an online report to respective controlling officer/HoD in this regards.
- All HoDs are expected to submit monthly report to Vice Chancellor through respective Dean on progress of online classes in the Department.
The official copy of the order is attached below:-