The Assam University’s examination department issued a notification on Tuesday, regarding the conduction of end term examination. The department has come to a consensus to let the pupils, choose the mode of examination, and allowed the students, wishing to appear for the 6th semester examination, along with the arrear papers of TDC (Three-year Degree Course) (Non- CBCS), via online mode. This decision came after the students from various degree courses, affiliated to the Assam University protested on Monday against the administration’s decision to conduct the examinations via offline mode.
Since only the TDC (Non-CBCS) students of the colleges, affiliated to the Assam University were directed to appear for offline exams, the university faced the rage and denial from hundreds of students from various colleges with the student’s organisation and Student’s Union of Assam University, demanding exams to be conducted primarily via the online mode or giving the students, right to choose the mode of examination, citing the example of Guwahati University.
The Assam University has now agreed to the demands of the students and will be conducting the examinations in an online mode for both UG/PG students as well as the TDC(Non-CBCS) students.
The notification released on Tuesday, describes the modalities, that the students need to comply with, while appearing for the online examination, which are as follows:-
- The students, who have submitted the exam form, and are eligible for the said examination, are required to submit their details (name, roll no., subject indicating paper, whatsapp number, e-mail id) to respective colleges with prescribed undertaking provided by the university on or before 20-09-2020.
- The colleges shall then submit those details to the university on or before 22-09-2020.
- Students need to arrange the gadgets, internet connectivity, power supply etc on their own.
- Those candidates (online and offline), who will appear the exam, will not get special chance to appear the same when the situation will be normal.
- Non submission of the online answer script after completion of the examination, within stipulated time will be treated as absent.
- Online students cannot switch over to offline and vice-versa.
- No revaluation for online students will be entertained.
- The online examination shall be conducted on Google Meet (as an example- the question paper will be given in the Google Classroom/ mail. Students need to take the print/ screenshot of the displayed question paper and then join in the Google Meet. Answer sheet will be submitted in the Google Classroom)
- The online exam will be conducted as per the schedule of the offline examination at the same time, scheduled earlier.
- The answer sheet will be invigilated by one of the faculty of the college on cameras, who will authenticate the downloaded hard copy, which will also be countersigned by the officer-in-charge/Principal of the college. Hard copy shall be sent to the concerned evaluation zone by the college on the same day of the examination, together with the answer script of offline examination, wherever available.
- Each and every answer script should be signed by the student and invigilator.
- Google Meet link and classroom ID should be given to the examination section in [email protected] for each examination.
- A chat box will be open for clearing doubts in question, if any.
- Camera should be ON and mic should be OFF for the entire time period.
- Students appearing for the online exam, will be given extra time for preparation as:-
- 10 minutes before commencement of the exam for downloading the question paper,
- 20 minutes after completion of the exam, for uploading the answer script (uploaded snaps/scanned pdf should be readable),
- Students are required to write Roll Number, subject and paper on every sheet of answer script which should be of A-4 paper.
- Answers should be hand written.
- Practical examinations will be offline.
- Online attendance will be taken by the invigilator and sent along the answer script.
The notice, issued by L. Bojen Singh (Controller of Examinations), also states that a soft copy of the question paper shall be provided to the Principal of the college for circulation among the online examinees and that the University will not provide any infrastructure for conduction of online examinations. The offline mode of the examination will commence on and from 29th September, 2020 as already notified by the concerned authority.