Assam University, Silchar has conducted an emergent meeting on Tuesday (14th July, 2020) to discuss various issues concerning the academic activities during the current pandemic. A committee was formed comprising of some senior faculties to work out on the modalities such as examination, admission and other academic matters. Following key decisions have been taken by the committee.
- The assessment of the intermediate semester examination of the university shall be based on internal assessment and past performance of a student. It is important to note down that the above decision has been taken for the PG/UG students of Assam University and not for the UG students affiliated to the University.
- Date for submission of internal assessment scores of the even semesters has been extended upto 22nd July, 2020.
- Assessment of the end semester examination of terminal semester of the PG/UG courses of the university (Not included affiliated colleges) shall be based on projects/ assignments and viva voce.
- In case a final semester student is unable to take the end semester examination for any reason, he/she would be able to sit for a special examination conducted by the university, only when the situation is favorable.
- The examination that will be conducted online or the marks awarded on the basis of internal assessment and past performances, shall not be available for re-evaluation. However, students may opt for betterment as per existing provisions.
- The students with backlogs in their final semester will be able to sit for the examination submitting their projects/ assignments and viva voice as mentioned in point 3.
- For the students of the Business administration, terminal examination will be tentatively between 18th July, 2020 to 27 July, 2020.
- Practical examination for the final semester students shall be based on projects/assignments and viva-voice.
- PhD admission for this session has been extended for one more week via online method and further notice will be given soon.
- Online classes for the next semester may start from 25th of July, 2020
- Students are requested to possess devices and good internet connection to avail the online classes as mandated by the UGC.
- Each department of the university has been ordered to conduct at least one webinar by the month of August, 2020.
- BRS meeting to be convened tentatively after August 15, 2020 in three phases: Social Science and Humanities including Commerce and management courses in two phases and science in another phase. Meanwhile all the HODs and Deans are requested to hold BPGS(if not held already) and school board meeting (preferably Online), respectively. A tentative schedule for completing each meetings shall be notified soon.
It is worth mentioning here that UGC has recently issued order which made conducting terminal semester examination, mandatory for universities across the nation. Although UGC has issued a detailed list of SOPs, the order has been responded with criticisms from the student fraternity across India.
The official copy of the document is attached below: