As the Silchar Medical College is flooding with patients for getting their SWAB tests done, there is a higher chance of contamination which cannot be avoided during their movement from home to Silchar Medical College and Hospital.
To minimize the risk of infection and increase the accessibility of screening, The District Administration hereby has decided to open three(3) new COVID-19 Screening Centres under Silchar Urban.
The selected screening Centres are as follows :
- Teachers Training Centre, Link Road, Silchar, Date of starting of screening : 06/08/2020.
- Mahamaya L.P School, Rongpur, Silchar, Date of starting of screening : 07/08/2020.
- Holy Cross School, Sonai Road, Silchar, Date of starting of screening : 08/08/2020.
Additionally, The District Administration has issued some guidelines which are to be followed and taken into consideration at the above mentioned screening centres for their proper running.
- There must be separate sitting area and SWAB collection area in screening centres.
- The person giving the sample will wait in the sitting area till the test result is declared. If the test result is positive the person will be shifted to a COVID-19 hospital or CCC depending upon the medical condition of the patient and the home will be converted to containment zone.
- The screening time will be from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- Proper arrangements of cleaning of the sample collection site etc. to be arranged by MO In-charge, Urban PHC as per COVID-19 Protocol.
- At the District level, CM&HO (CD), Cachar cell no. 9435172512 and DCM, NHM, Cachar Cell No. 9435231041 will monitor and coordinate with Silchar Urban.