The Ministry of Railways has announced that 40 pairs of additional special trains are going to function on specific routes with effect from 12th September, 2020.
These trains will be an addition to the already operating special trains, and will have no unreserved coaches. The composition and route of the newly announced trains, will be similar to the existing regular trains. It has also been informed that the newly introduced trains will have both AC and Non AC classes as well as General Coaches with reserved seats only.
The stoppages will be restricted according to the suggestions of various State Governments. Currently, a total number of 230 special passenger carrying trains are operating under Indian Railways, and all COVID-19 protocols are being strictly followed. Among the 230 special passenger carrying trains, 15 pairs have been operating since 12th May, 2020, whereas, in addition, 100 pairs started operating on 1st June, 2020.
The special trains that will start operating in the Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) area, on their nominated days, are as follows:-
- 02509 Bengaluru Cantt. – Guwahati Express : Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- 02510 Guwahati – Bengaluru Cantt. Express : Monday, Tuesday and Sunday
- 05933 Dibrugarh – Amritsar Express : Tuesday
- 05934 Amritsar – Dibrugarh Express : Friday
- 05626 Agartala – Deogarh Express : Sunday
- 05625 Deogarh – Agartala Express : Monday
- 05909 Dibrugarh – Lalgarh Express : Daily
- 05910 Lalgarh – Dibrugarh Express : Daily
The next date on which, booking of tickets will start, has been selected as 10th September, 2020. It has also been informed that, the asymptomatic passengers with confirmed tickets will only be allowed to enter into the railway station and board the train. Passengers have been asked to carry their own food and drinking water. In addition to that, it is mandatory for all the passengers to download Aarogya Setu mobile application, and strictly practice social distancing, both at stations and on trains. Face covers are mandatory at the entry, as well as throughout the journey.
The trains, which are currently running in the Northeast Frontier Railways (NFR) area, are as follows :-
- 02423/02324 Dibrugarh – New Delhi – Dibrugarh AC Special
- 02501/02502 Agartala – New Delhi – Agartala AC Special
- 02377/02378 Sealdah – Alipurduar – Sealdah Special
- 02407/02408 Amritsar – New Jalpaiguri – Amritsar Special
- 05484/05483 Delhi – Alipurduar – Delhi Special
- 05955/05966 Delhi – Dibrugarh – Delhi Special
- 05645/05646 Guwahati – LTT – Guwahati Special Express
- 02067/02068 Guwahati – Jorhat Town – Guwahati Intercity Special