The Assam University, Silchar has issued a notice with certain guidelines for its staff and students :
- All University staff under vacation have to report for duty on 1st July on reopening of Academic session after vacation. Online reporting to concerned Head of Department shall be accepted.
- Teachers can continue to work from home on reopening of the academic session on 1st July, or they can visit the University for utilising the teaching resources available in the University.
- All the academic departments and centres of the university have been instructed to conclude their internal assessments by 15th July, and submit a report to the Vice-Chancellor in this regard.
- In-station teachers have to avail themselves in the University campus for duty if asked for by the concerned Head of Department.
- All out-station teachers who are not on academic/administrative duty with prior permission are required to return to station by 15th July.
- All Heads of Departments are required to submit monthly reports regarding the progress of online classes to the Vice-Chancellor.
- Even semester classes in online mode for B Voc. Programme will likely start from 15th July.
- Students have been instructed not to proceed to the University, unless they are specifically instructed to do so.
A copy of the official notice has been attached below :