Assam University, Silchar has issued fresh guidelines regarding the conducting of examinations amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. The points mentioned in the guidelines are as follows :
- Offline exams of TDC non-CBCS courses shall be held after reopening of the campus (tentatively 8th-28th September).
- For Non- CBCS papers, students will have to answer 5 out of 15 questions (3 from each unit) without any unit-wise restrictions.
- Offline exam for LLB terminal semester will be held tentatively in September.
- For the students of TDC intermediate semesters, the respective college will have to conduct assessment based on project/assignment of 50 marks for the SEC and AECC papers.
- Performance of the students of intermediate semesters of all UG/PG/other courses will be on the basis of internal evaluation as per UGC guidelines.
- Offline exams of all terminal semester students of the University (except MBA) will be held after reopening of the campus (tentatively 15-30 September).
- Terminal semester exams of Department of Business Administration shall be held online.
- If a student of terminal semester is not able to appear in the exam for any reason, they will be allowed to appear in a special exam on a later date.
- Re-evaluation of the scripts of offline exams will be done as usual. However, there will be no re-evaluation for the exams held in online mode.
- Assessment of practical/project papers will be done as per usual in offline mode.
- The examination schedule will be notified by the CoE well before time.
- Online classes of following semesters will be started by the University on 25th July. Respective colleges can start their online classes by 1st August.
- The university will notify the SoP for the conducting of examinations shortly. Respective colleges are also expected to formulate such SoPs.
- The University has asked the District Administration, Cachar to empty all the quarantine units in the University campus by 10th August. The University has instructed all the affiliated colleges to do the same by 15th August. Holding exams shall be subject to emptying of the quarantine units and proper sanitisation.
- Out station students and teachers of the University may wait for specific instructions by the University before proceeding to station. Outstation students and teachers of affiliated colleges may contact their respective colleges.
- Students must prepare themselves for online education as mandated by UGC and must try to remain connected accordingly.
The official notification issued by Assam University, Silchar has been attached below :