Assam Government has issued a notification listing the various categories of air travellers who will be exempted from mandatory institutional quarantine :
- Husband and wife who have travelled to Assam together.
- Husband, wife and their children who travelled to Assam together.
- Husband, wife and their parents who travelled to Assam together.
These are in addition to the categories of air travellers already exempted from institutional quarantine. However, these exemptions will be subject to the following conditions :
- These persons must not display any symptoms related to COVID-19.
- These persons must undergo 14 days of mandatory home quarantine after collection of their swab samples and other medical formalities, and their residences will be turned into containment zones.
- They will be exempted from mandatory institutional quarantine only if their mode of travel was by air. They will not be exempted if their mode of travel was via rail or road.
The official notification issued by the Assam Government is as follows :